The Golden Jubilee Foundation’s corporate objectives support the Board’s vision to lead quality, research and innovation. These have been aligned to the Annual Operational Plan, Health Efficiency Access Treatment (HEAT) targets and other local and strategic priorities.
For further information on any of the Golden Jubilee Foundation’s Corporate Objectives, please contact the Communications and Corporate Affairs team on 0141 951 5175/5195 or email Comms@gjnh.scot.nhs.uk
- Actively progress the delivery of the Health & Social Care Delivery Plan including contribution to integration.
- Progress delivery of the National Clinical Strategy and implement Realistic Medicine.
- A lead role in the planning and implementation of the National Elective Treatment Centres.
- Develop collaborations with strategic partners to support public sector reform, including Academia, Local Authorities, third sector and industry.
- Develop and deliver a collective National Board delivery plan.
- Contribute to and implement the Regional Delivery Plans.
Valuing and Leading People
- Demonstrate visible, effective leadership.
- Role model NHS values through the management of people and engagement with stakeholders.
- Deliver the Executive Leadership and Talent Management Programme.
- Contribute to the prevention and reduction of inequalities. Improve staff experience, health and wellbeing
Board Vision of Leading Quality, Research and Innovation
- Ensure sustainability of excellence and further develop our approach to achieving world class quality.
- Develop a combined assurance framework for the National H&S Care Standards
- Strengthen international and national research portfolio and reputation.
- On behalf of NHS Scotland, lead and deliver innovation on a local, national and international basis within a robust governance and risk framework.
- Continuously review and ensure robust Clinical Governance.
- Continuous improvement in patient safety.
- Deliver excellence in clinical outcomes
- Delivery of Healthcare Associated Infection Programme.
- Delivery of Board Financial Plan.
- Maximise effective use of Board resources and assets.
- Enhance and implement the enterprise risk framework.
- Deliver Value Based Healthcare through patient level costings, clinical pathways and variation review.
- Provide high quality person centred services and experience.
- Develop the Board Workforce Strategy in line with NHSS Workforce Strategy.
- Deliver the Involving People Strategy and the refreshed Volunteers Strategy working closely with the third sector.
- Ensure Staff Governance Standards are maintained through the Board action plan.
Patient Access To Treatment
- Ensure delivery of:
- 18 week RTT and 12 week Treatment Time Guarantee in line with the Patient Rights Act.
- Cancer Treatment (31 day standard).
- Pro-active planning to support delivery of NHSScotland priorities.
- Maximise the opportunities for innovative patient access and treatment pathways.
- Develop and deliver board Heart & Lung Strategy
Golden Jubilee Elective Capacity Expansion Programme
- Develop and deliver expansion programme to ensure additional capacity by 2021.
- Develop the Outline Business Case and Full Business Case for phase 1 Ophthalmology.
- Develop Initial Agreement and Outline Business Case for phase 2 expansion.
- Explore opportunities for new ’Target Operating Models’ of care.
- Maximise innovative workforce models to support the expansion programme
- Develop and realise maximum community benefits through partnership working with all Stakeholders (WDC, West College)