The Clinical Research Facility includes:
- A dedicated patient waiting area;
- Office space that is available to medical research project auditors/ monitors;
- Fully equipped outpatient consulting rooms that can be organised to suit individual project requirements;
- Secure storage room for project files and project-specific consumables; and
- A sample preparation room.
The Clinical Research Facility has a dedicated Health Care Support Worker who maintains equipment stock levels, ensures that the Facility is fit for clinical study purposes and assists the Research Nurses.
Activities that take place within the Clinical Research Facility include:
- Outpatient visits mandated by research study protocol;
- Ad-hoc/short notice outpatient visits requested by patients recruited to research studies;
- Specimen sampling, storage and transfer to diagnostic laboratories;
- On-site laboratory;
- Exercise tolerance testing;
- Access to a dedicated clinical trials pharmacist; and
- Project monitoring.
All medical research projects using the facility will already have been approved by the Research and Development Office.